"Happenings In HAWL" >
Hide-A-Way Lake Response to Coronavirus 6
Hide-A-Way Lake Response to Coronavirus 6
May 7, 2020
Hide-A-Way Lake Response to Coronavirus
Hide-A-Way Lake continues to take precautions as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve. Please follow all CDC and government requirements as we all must do our part during this evolving time.
Please read the following up-to-date actions that are currently in place:
• The HAWL community wide burn ban has been lifted. However, the Mississippi Forestry Commission is monitoring conditions closely to issue another state ban due to dryness. If a Mississippi state burn ban is not in place and you must burn (yard debris only – leaves, limbs, and pine straw), a HAWL burn permit must first be purchased from the Office. Security must be notified a minimum of two hours prior to burning so the proposed burn site may be inspected. All HAWL burning rules and regulations must be followed. As an alternative to burning, with the Monday trash collection simply bag leaves and cut yard waste into four foot lengths or less and place it next to the trash can. The total amount of yard debris cannot be more than a 4’ by 4’ area. If you have more than a 4’ by 4’ area or don’t want to wait for the weekly garbage pickup, bring your yard debris to the landfill in Millard. For operating hours and restrictions, contact the landfill directly at 601-795-2500.
• For all medical calls, contact 911 (in the appropriate situations) prior to contacting HAWL Security. Security will wait for first responders to assist at your residence. All gate entrance rules and policies will remain in effect. Please help reduce the number of unneeded guests in the community.
• The HAWL Office has been and will continue to be open with regular Office hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The Office will be open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm beginning May 16, 2020 through July 25, 2020. Contact the Office at 601-798-1484 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as most business can be conducted via these methods. If you need to come to the Office in person, we will limit the number of people to only three individuals at a time and a personal space of at least six feet must be maintained between all individuals.
• The Board of Directors meeting will be held on May 13, 2020, at 6:30 pm with social distancing in place.
• Please adhere to all of the CDC and government requirements. We are keeping all common grounds open which include both parks, the walking track, the Lodge, and the fitness equipment. After using your wipe or cloth to clean the equipment before and after use, please properly dispose of it. If you do utilize the common grounds, please remember to follow the CDC requirements of no large groups over 10 people and to stay at least six feet apart. Property owners and parents: please help control this as we move into summer; these guidelines will remain in effect. Your help is needed. Security is instructed to break-up any non-compliant group on common grounds.
• Waters Edge Restaurant has and will continue to be open for takeout orders only. Our staff has served approximately 1,000 meals in April via take-out. Simply call Waters Edge during operating hours to place your order and the staff will meet you for curbside pickup in the parking lot. Check your email daily for the featured special and other items offered. A plan for offering a dine-in option is coming soon.
• Please understand that during this time, the pool will remain closed. We are working to staff this amenity with restrictions in place once government guidelines are lifted. This will be a different pool season for sure due to Coronavirus making staffing difficult and we will keep you posted. Anyone interested in being a lifeguard is encouraged to contact me, Bruce Devillier, at the Office.
It is my prayer daily that all of you and your families are well and this is over soon as we shift to our new normal. I want to assure you that we are here - all departments: Office, Security, Maintenance, Restaurant, and Water. I want to take care of our association, property owners, and staff but please follow the guidelines so this situation can be over as soon as possible.
For up-to-date community information delivered directly to your inbox, sign up for the Happenings In HAWL email. Visit hawlms.com or contact the HAWL Office for more information on how to receive the email.
Hide-A-Way Lake Club, Inc.
Hide-A-Way Lake Club, Inc. * 601-798-1484 * Fax 601-798-0604
P.O. Box 1011 * Picayune, MS 39466